Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Years

This year for New Years, we decided to pack up the car and head to our cabin at Bear Lake. For some reason we had a really hard time deciding if we should go or not, but the day after we got there we were so glad we went! We had such a great time! I don't know who's kids we took up there because they definitely weren't ours! When we usually go up to our cabin our boys are normally rotten! They never sleep well and that makes for a couple of grumpy boys and two very unhappy and tired parents. This trip was definitely NOT THE NORM! Our boys slept in until 9 am every morning! They were so well behaved and hardly whined the entire trip! We had such a relaxing vacation. We slept in, played games, watched movies, took naps, read, and ate a ton of delicious food! I was even able to go on a couple of runs. It was exactly the type of getaway that our little family needed. My parents also went up, as well as my uncle Jamie and his family. We had a great couple of days!

New Year's Eve was an absolutely GORGEOUS day! The sun was out and shining most of the day! We decided to bundle the boys up in their snow gear and take them out to play in the snow and go for a ride behind the snowmobile.

All bundled up and ready to go!

Kendra and Beckett on the sled

Off they go!

Jared and Eliza

Wesley was not a fan

Beckett almost fell asleep sitting there

Me and the Husband

Wesley and Kendra

Beckett loved eating the snow

New Year's Eve night was so relaxing! We had a delicious steak dinner followed by hours of games! I have to admit...I really enjoyed ringing in the new year in my sweats! I was comfy and cozy! I don't even think I put makeup on that day. Rob and I are even considering making Bear Lake a New Year's tradition. This was the first year we let Wesley stay up until midnight. He loved every second of it! Including the fireworks, which he watched from inside the house with the tv blaring.

My Dad and Wes


Happy New Year!

The Rigby kids
We had so much fun and were really sad to come home. Until next year!

3 comments:

The Call's said...

Fun! I am SO jealous! I am glad you guys had a good time!

Kyle and Jamie said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun!! when are we going to hang out again?!

Kourtney said...

Wow I had no idea that you guys had a cabin, it would be fun to have a roommate reunion there if you want to.