Friday, January 1, 2010

T'was the night before Christmas...

...and all through my parents house, not a single bed was empty. Not even a couch!

This Christmas was a little different than most. This was the last Christmas my family would be spending in my childhood home, so we decided as siblings that we would all spend the night at my parents and spend Christmas morning with them. It was a lot of work, but it was a Christmas we will never forget! My parents absolutely ate up every second of it! They absolutely loved having all of us there and asked if we could do it every year, but none of us agreed! We spent most of the evening on Christmas Eve at my grandparents, and then headed to my parents after for the big slumber party! It is tradition in our family (and many others too) to open Christmas pjs on Christmas Eve. After we were all dressed and ready for bed, we had a photo shoot in front of the tree.

***Warning***
Picture Overload!


Our little family
Me and my honey

Heather and Bobby (aka Hobby) Aren't they cute?
All the grandkids (minus lil' Brady)
The whole fam
This was the first Christmas Eve that Rob and I weren't in bed by 11pm. We were up way too late, and then poor Beckett didn't sleep well due to double ear infections (that we found out 3 days later), and the kids were up by 7:30, so we were beat most of Christmas day! This was the first year that Wesley really understood what was going on. He was so excited on Christmas morning when he woke up and saw that Santa had really come.

These pictures depict that we pretty much slept anywhere and everywhere!

the kids
the adults
Here are the rugrats before we let them upstairs
Opening Santa presents
Welsey was so excited to get his batcave he had been asking Santa for!
After opening up Santa presents, we moved into the other family room to open up family presents.
These are my parents looking at the present Jenny and I worked so hard on! It turned out fantastic!
Jenny got a new camera (super jealous!)

Bobby was a good sport...he is an huge BYU fan who is surrounded by our family of Ute fans. My Dad gave him this shirt as a joke, but Bobby put it on and even wore it to his parents house (who are huge BYU fans as well)!
We were teasing my Dad that he never really gets excited or shows any emotion about things. Here he is giving us his excited face when he opened his new laptop.

Kendra and Tyson hugging and actually being civil to each other

The Newlyweds

After presents we had our tradition Christmas brunch. I ate until I was about to explode! All of us took a pleasant nap after brunch and then our family had to wake up and head over to Rob's parents. We had an excellent Christmas dinner with Rob's family and opened presents. I failed to get hardly any pictures! Oops!

Late Christmas evening, we headed back to my parents to play a couple of games and load up our gear. Rob took the boys home while I had the chance to visit with some great friends from high school. Dan, Mike, and I have been friends for years! It was so fun to sit and chat and catch up!
Me, Dan, Trisha (Mike's wife), and Mike
*I stole this picture from Mike's blog

We had an extremely wonderful Christmas filled with a lot of memories! I don't know what was so different about this year, but both Rob and I felt a sweet spirit all day that we have never felt before! We are truly grateful for being able to spend Christmas with the people we love the most!

4 comments:

The Call's said...

That slumber party looks like it was a BLAST!!! I love all the p.j's!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Kenda and Tyson hugging, Brady and Jenny in the background looking a little shocked! Love it!

Kourtney said...

It looks like a wonderful Christmas. How fun to be in a house full of memories for the last time (and sad too). you look great Jill and very happy. Your boys are growing so fast, how fun to have them close in age.

dede said...

sounds wonderful - I am glad you were able to all go to your parents - awesome memories!