Tuesday, July 13, 2010

4th of July

Wow! Look at me...three posts in one week! That hasn't happened in a LONG time! It seems like we have been so busy playing for the past month or so, and the fourth of July weekend was no exception! With Wesley's birthday being so close to the holiday, it feels like we celebrate for a whole week! We started off the patriotic weekend with our good friends the Arbuckles. We met up for dinner at Robintino's, then we headed to the firework show at Granite High. In my opinion, Granite puts on the best firework show! We are never disappointed. Since Wesley is completely terrified of fireworks, my parents were kind enough to let me tag along with them up to Bear Lake.

Beckett and his buddy Max playing with Max's uncle Matt

Us minus Wesley

Silly Beckett

Cute max

Scary Carter

Next on our weekend of celebration...I decided to run my first race since my knee injury. The City of West Jordan usually holds a 5k and 10k over the holiday weekend, so I decided to try the 10k and asked my friend Lexi if she wanted to join me. I had never ran a 10k race, but figured it wouldn't be too difficult. I ran 6 miles the week before and my knee held up ok, but I was still nervous for the 10k. Saturday morning turned out to be a gorgeous day! It was a little cooler than normal (no complaints from me!), and I ended up with a great run! I finished 6 minutes faster than I was hoping to finish. Afterwards my knee felt great and I couldn't have been any happier!

Lexi and I after the race!

After we left the race we headed home, packed up the car, and hit the road! We spent the rest of the weekend with family at our cabin up in Bear Lake. Although the weather was a bit on the cooler side, the kids still had a great time playing in the sand and in the hot tub!








We had a great weekend and were completely exhausted by the time we got home! I think it took a week or so for us to recover. I am definitely loving summer this year! Can't wait to see what else is in store for us...stay tuned!

No comments: