Friday, February 15, 2008

A much needed break...

Last weekend, Rob and I took a much needed break down to California. My parents were kind enough to watch Wesley for us. I definitely needed some relaxation time away from Wesley before our new little guy is born. He has been driving me up the wall lately! He doesn't quite understand that we are having another baby, but I swear he senses it because he has turned into a needy mama's boy the past month or so. It was also nice to have some one-on-one time with Rob, especially since he has started school and we rarely get to spend anytime by ourselves. We had such a great time! We spent three whole days sleeping, going to the beach, eating delicious food, walking all over Santa Monica and Beverly Hills, eating more delicious food, and even squeezed in a movie. We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was in the mid to upper 70's the whole time. The only downside to the warm weather was that I started retaining water. It was one of the most inexpensive trips we have ever been on. Thanks to Rob's family who lives in Cali and gave us a place to stay and a car to drive for free. Here are a couple of pictures from our trip: Here is a picture of strikers outside NBC studios. This was taken two days before they came to an agreement for the writers strike. This only shows about 1/8 of the amount of strikers that were out. Eating at In-n-out was a must! I love their burgers! I wish we would have eaten there everyday! These two pictures were taken at Santa Monica beach. I have major spring fever now!
I just want to thank my wonderful husband for such a relaxing trip. You're the best! I love you!

2 comments:

Andee said...

Jill! What a great idea! It will be hard to do anything like that in the first few months of your new baby's arrival. You're making me really trunky for Spring. And why is In n Out so good? They need one here. I love you guys!

Jenny and Brett said...

Oh, that just sounds so wonderful! It looks and sounds like you guys had fun!