Friday, January 9, 2009

When it rains...it POURS!!!

It has been raining at the Smith household for the past couple of weeks. And it's not just a little drizzling rain...it's a complete down pour! Down pours don't happen very often around here, but when they do, it's BAD! And this down pour couldn't have happened at a better time. Here are a couple of things that are weighing us down:


1. In the past two weeks we have come to the realization that my car needs all four tires replaced and in the near future it's windshield replaced. It has a big crack in it that keeps spreading. (just a side note, my car just had tires and the windshield replaced two years ago).

2. We just found out that something in Rob's car's transmission is coming apart and that his transmission needs to be taken apart and put completely back together. They gave us an estimate of anywhere between $1700 - $4000. We were planning on buying a bigger car in the next few months, so we aren't sure if we want to pay out that much money if we aren't going to keep the car.

3. Both of our cars need to be registered this month, and my car needs an inspection and it probably won't pass without new tires.

4. This isn't a big expense, but all of my hair tools (blow dryer, flat iron, and curling iron) are falling apart or just plain don't work anymore.

It seems like every other day or so we hear bad news, an unexpected expense comes up, or something bad happens or goes wrong. This year is not starting out as a good year for us, but we're hoping it will turn around soon.


On the upside of things...I am so happy that I finally went to the doctor for my foot and it has almost completely healed already! For those of you that don't know, one of my new year's resolutions or goals is to become a runner. This is a GINORMOUS goal for me and I hope that I can stick to it and achieve my goal. My injured foot was putting a major damper on things, but it's feeling better and I'm happily moving on! I also started a running blog to log my runs and track my weight loss and training. Check it out sometime!

We're trying to stay optimistic and hope that the storm blows over soon!

3 comments:

The Becks said...

Well at least you got your heath, and Robs job to help with all of this. Sorry it sucks. It will get better.
Love ya

Megan D. said...

Hi Jill,
Why does it all have to happen at the same time? So rude, huh? Good luck with all the car junk. I'm sure it will all go okay. Good luck with the running too. Very impressive. I will check out your running blog for sure. :)

Kyle and Jamie said...

Cowgirl...sorry about all of that car stuff...I hate cars...I hope everything works out soon. You are amazing...I'm glad your foot is getting better...keep up the running...i'm proud!!