Monday, June 8, 2009

Bear Lake Half...Here I come!!!

I can't believe in 5 days I will be running and finishing 13.1 miles! I have been waiting for this day for months, and now I can't believe it is almost here! I still can't believe that I set this goal for myself and that I am about to accomplish it. I have never really been able to run. I always used the excuse that it was impossible for me to ever be a runner. I could barely even run for five minutes straight when I set this goal, and now I can run for two and a half hours plus! Rob and I were talking the other night about the race. I was telling him that I was starting to get really nervous, and that I was afraid of failing. But he reminded me that I set this goal for one person only and that was me. I shouldn't worry if I come in last place or if it takes me 6 hours to finish. I should just go out and try my best and that's all that matters. I enjoyed the talk that we had. Rob has been behind me 101% during this whole experience. He has sacrificed many mornings of playing raquetball so that I could get my weekly runs in. He watched the boys many Saturday mornings so that I could go up north to run with Jess. He has constantly motivated me during the times that I felt I couldn't do it. I am so grateful for him and his support!

I can't believe I only have a three mile run and a two mile walk before the big race. It's actually nice to take it easy for once. People have been constantly asking me if I feel ready and I think I can honestly say that I am. I think I maybe missed one run during my ten week training, if that! I have been extremely dedicated and so I believe I am as ready as I'll ever be! I ran in my first 5k on Saturday and it didn't go to well. But in my defense, Jess and I ran 8 miles the night before and finished at 11pm. So, getting up and running 3.1 more miles the next morning was a little rough. But all of our long runs (excluding our 11 mile run) went great! And I think our ten mile run was my favorite! The only thing I'm really worried about is the weather. I keep checking it and one day it says it will be perfect, and the next it says it's supposed to rain. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no rain, but if there is what can you do? Overall, I think both Jess and I feel ready and can't wait to get it over with! Wish us luck!

10 comments:

Maren Nielsen said...

Good luck! Wish I could be there to cheer you on! Your going to do great. You deserve it! You have worked so hard and it will all pay off when you cross the finish line. Its an incredible feeling that you will never forget!

Maren

brookiebaby said...

You'll do awesome! I'm very proud of you for setting such a great goal for yourself! Good luck and be sure to post pics of you running across that finish line on your blog! Can't wait to see them! - and I can't wait to see you on the 16th!!!! YAYAYAYAY!
LUVS!
Brooke

Annie Duckworth said...

You are going to have a blast. Good job!

Mike said...

I think this is a huge accomplishment for you. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear of your success on saturday!! Good luck!!!

Charley said...

Good luck! I hope it doesn't rain on you either! You are going to do great!!

dede said...

I am so impressed with you for setting such a big goal and sticking to it - you have already accomplished so much! I hope you have a blast this weekend and I will keep my fingers crossed that the weather will be perfect!

Good luck!

Jonny and jess said...

Rain or no rain, it will be fine!! I think we have tried out just about every climate. We can Hack it!!

Megan D. said...

You are going to do so well Jill! I'm so excited for you and you sound super ready. :) Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Kourtney said...

Good Luck! Just remember to breath (HEHEHE)

Tiff and Shay Family said...

Good luck...and have fun!!! You will do great!!