Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

(Everyone before the race)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We started the day off with a new tradition. My cousin D invited me to run in the Utah Human Race 5k and I decided to recruit some of our friends and family to join us. It was a lot of fun and a great way to start the day! I had only ran in one other 5k and I did that a week before I ran my half marathon. So I was excited and nervous to run this 5k. I didn't really have any expectations, I just wanted to try and do my best. I was really happy with the end result! I finished 4 minutes faster than my last 5k and had a lot of fun doing it! Another plus was that all the registration fees for the race went to the Utah Food Bank. I'm so glad D called me and I hope we continue this for MANY years to come!

Our family after the race
Our friends Mike and Trisha

We spent the rest of the holiday at my parents house. This year was a little bittersweet for me, mainly because this will probably be the last Thanksgiving dinner held at my childhood home. I truly love my parents house and all the childhood memories I have there. But, I know life goes on and so will I! We had the whole Rigby clan over this year and we had a great time. The food was DELICIOUS and the company was FABULOUS! I think this is the first year that I didn't stuff myself. I wasn't feeling all that great and it helped when it came to pigging out! I ended up getting really sick last night, and let's just say I won't be eating any leftovers! Except maybe for some pie :)
There are so many things I am grateful for this year. I won't list them all, but I wanted to list some of my top ones.

Things I am grateful for:
1. Our beautiful eternal family - immediate and extended!
2. A loving Husband who loves me unconditionally! (I thought he deserved his own line :)
3. My Savior
4. The Gospel
5. Our Wonderful Friends (we are so blessed to have you in our lives!)
6. Trials - Especially this year
7. A Healthy Body (And the healthy bodies of my family!)
8. Our Warm Home
9. Temples (We are blessed to live SO close to SO many!)
10. Music

Me and My man!
Our little family

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

Tara Mogle said...

I so need your motivation....you are so awesome! What a fun tradition to start. Your family is adorable and you look fabulous!

Happy Holidays

The Call's said...

I am going to start doing that race every year too! I am sad for you about your parents house. I like your pictures!

dede said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Great post - Great reminder!
Love your family picture - you guys are too cute!

The Danimal said...

Oh! you did it with mike!!! Wish I could have come and cheered you guys on!!! maybe I see you this year at xmas.

Megan D. said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad you had a nice one. Let's hang out soon. Sorry the party thing fizzled out, I would love to see you guys! Talk to you soon!