Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010


{Our Family}

We had a very merry Christmas this year! It was definitely different then in years past, but merry none the less! Up until a few weeks before Christmas, I was honestly considering cancelling the holiday all together. Due to our circumstances, the stress had put me in a 'Bah Humbug' mood. Luckily, a few weeks before Christmas we were given a couple of the best presents {ever!}, and it changed my attitude completely. The #1 present being Rob's job offer. What a HUGE blessing! I honestly cried tears of joy when he got the call. The Lord has truly blessed our family and for that we are grateful! Although we started our Christmas shopping extremely late, we were still able to finish everything on time.

This year a few of our normal traditions were tweaked a little bit due to my parents being gone. We still spent Christmas Eve at my grandparents house with the Rigby side. We had a great time as usual. We ate yummy food, visited with family, and the boys both got to open a present from their cousins.

{My sister Jenny and her family}

{Wesley played photographer for part of the night. Aren't we attractive?}


{My cute nieces singing Christmas songs, and my even cuter Grandma in the background}

The video below is extremely precious! My grandma suffers from dimensia and rarely remembers who any of us are. She has good days and bad days. Christmas Eve was a good day. She stayed out in the living room almost the whole night, and we even got her to sing "Jingle Bells" for us. I apologize for the horrible quality of the video. I was too far away :(. My cousin Eliza is singing with her, but if you listen closely you can hear my sweet Grandma.



{The kids being silly}



{opening presents}


Before it got too late, we decided to head home and prepare for Santa to come. The boys opened their Christmas pjs, video chatted with my parents, set out the cookies, and even put food out for Santa's reindeer. Luckily the boys weren't too excited and they went to bed quite easily!


If you aren't too bored yet...stay tuned for Christmas Day!

No comments: