Thursday, April 24, 2008

Back to the gym...

On Monday it begins! I have my 6 week postpartum doctor's appointment that day, and hopefully I will be cleared to start working out again. I have really missed going to the gym the past month and a half. I faithfully worked out my entire pregnancy. Up until the week before I had Beckett. I truly believe I had a great pregnancy because I worked out. I didn't gain as much weight and I felt GREAT compared to my pregnancy with Wesley. These past six weeks I have felt lazy and overweight. I am sure some of you are saying "Well, you just had a baby!" And yes that's true, but it still doesn't help the way I feel about myself. After I had Wes, I had lost half of my baby weight by my 6 week check up. And I hadn't done anything. I actually ate like crap for those 6 weeks straight! So I was stoked to had already lost that much weight. The only problem was that I didn't start working out and we ate out all the time! I was the heaviest I had ever been in my life! I had Wesley in July, and finally in February I decided I didn't want to be overweight anymore. When I finally weighed myself, I weighed just as much as I did at my last doctor's appointment before having Wesley. I had gained those 20 lbs back. I was discouraged, but I knew that things would only get better. By July I had lost almost 60 lbs! I felt great. I was back down to the size I was when I married Rob. Which was the same size I had been all through high school and college. I couldn't believe I had lost that much weight in only 5 months.



5 lbs away from my goal, I found out I was pregnant. It was sort of shock, but we were happy. I was a little disappointed because I knew that all my hard work had gone right out the window. But I was determined not to gain as much weight as my last pregnancy, and I was determined to continue going to the gym. I accomplished both. The only thing I wish I would have done differently was to eat healthier than I did. I have to admit, I ate whatever I felt like. I had an excuse...I was pregnant. And most of you women will agree, you really don't feel like eating healthy when you're pregnant. You want things that are fatty, fried, sugary, and sweet! Well, I'm not pregnant anymore. I have no excuse to continue eating that way. I have to admit, I did eat pretty unhealthy the few weeks after having Beckett. But it didn't help that people were bringing us cookies, cakes, and whole pies. And then we had Easter and my mom gave us a years supply of candy.



This past Monday, Rob and I began our diet once again. I don't really think of it as a diet. We are just eating healthy food. Most diets consist of Rabbit food. Ours consists of breakfast burritos, healthy omlets, fruit, vegetables, yummy sandwiches and salads, lean hamburgers, lots of chicken and rice, and for Rob fish. I actually love eating all of the food on our list. The only downside is that our grocery bill doubles in price. Why is it SO expensive to eat healthy? You would think that fattening food would be more expensive, but I guess that's why it is so tempting to so many of us. Rob has already lost 3 lbs since Monday. Hopefully, I have lost a couple as well. I am a little terrified to get on the scale on Monday, but I know I won't have nearly as much weight to lose as last time. So, it is back to the gym for me. I am pretty excited to embark on this new healthy journey. I hope that I can get back down to where I was, and hopefully lose 10 to 15 more lbs. My motivation is my two new swimsuits. I can't wait to wear them and feel great. I just wish I had somewhere tropical and warm to where them. (Rob-hint, hint) So...wish me luck. I hope I can be as determined and motivated as last year.


I am a little embarrassed to post this picture. But I am hoping it will give me motivation. I also failed to mention that Rob lost 35 lbs as well.
Thanksgiving 2006
September 2007


8 comments:

brookiebaby said...

Good for you sweetie! I'm like you, I really feel a difference in my overall health when I dont' work out, but you did just have a baby! :)

Maren Nielsen said...

You can do it Jill! All it takes is some motivation and youve got it! Your going to be one hot mama in that swimsuit this summer when Rob takes you to Cancun:) Right Rob?

The Nye's said...

Good Luck! It's a tough journey, isn't it?! That's awesome that you worked out so hard during your pregnancy. I'm sure that will help in losing the post pregnancy weight. Remind me - where do you work out? We should work out together. I need a buddy to keep me going! Oh, and I loved the facts about Wes. He so dang cute!

Mortons said...

Way to go Jill. You can do it. I am back to the gym too. It is hard getting back into healthy habits but it really does change your whole attitude about life. I feel I am more productive as a whole when I work out.

Regan and Annie Duckworth said...

I swore I would work out every day when I got pregnant. Holy cow... nobody ever told me how tired I would feel not to mention standing on my feet ALL DAY at school. So props to you for doing so well in that area.

brookiebaby said...

Hi Sweetie!
Hope that you're doing well! FYI. I changed our web address so that it doesn't have our last name anymore. It's now:
ry4nandbr00ke.blogspot.com (use the number 00 instead of oo)
Just thought I'd let you know!
Take Care!
Brooke

Neil and Roxy said...

Good Luck! I am sure you will do it:) I have lost about 25 lbs since High School and I go to the gym everyday but Sunday of course. I completly understand. how you feel about not going to the gym and feeling lazy, if I miss one day I feel this way. I know a awesome website if you would like some tips it is what helped me through my journey.Good luck:) I know you can do it!

Danielle&Lincoln said...

GO JILL GO!!! You will do Awesome just like last time.