Monday, August 25, 2008

Now be honest...

I need everyone's honest opinion. We have been doing some projects around the house, mainly involving painting. A couple of my friends have been doing some remodeling and painting and I finally got up the motivation to do a couple of facelifts on our house. When we bought our house almost two years ago, we did some MAJOR remodeling. We redid the floors, kitchen, and repainted the whole main level. I swore that I never wanted to paint AGAIN! Well...two years later and here I am painting again. We didn't touch our basement when we bought the house because we didn't think we would use it very often. But we bought couches and a new tv a year ago and just recently moved our office downstairs to make room for Beckett. We practically live downstairs now. So I decided that it needed some color and decor. I just recently went and saw one of my good friends new house in Daybreak. It is gorgeous! Not to mention Maren has the best taste when it comes to decorating. This gave me the extra boost I needed. I feel like I'm not the best when it comes to decorating, but I felt like I could make some improvements on our house. I went and picked out some new paint colors and began painting. I decided that I wanted to do a bright fun accent wall in our basement and do the other walls a light brown color. I really loved the wall once it was painted. I then remembered something Maren had mentioned on her blog: Ikea's slogan "Be brave not beige." I decided that I was going to be brave and paint the rest of the walls the Carribean Green color I had picked out. I haven't painted the whole family room yet, so I decided to get your opinion. Do you think it's too bold, or do you like it? We are going to get a few new furniture pieces. And down the road a little bit we will replace the blinds and carpet. So...what do you think? If you don't like it, I want you to honestly tell me.The lighting isn't the greatest, but you get the idea.

7 comments:

brookiebaby said...

So, here's my honest opinion: I have the EXACT same color in my bedroom! :) I love it. Everyone has different comments about my color choice, but it's my most favorite color ever! My room is small, but my color scheme makes it my most favorite room in the house! I did however only make it an accent wall. My other walls are beige.... :) I think if the room is bigger, you could get a way with painting all of the walls, but I didn't think my little room could pull it off. But, I love your couch colors, etc. I think if you had enough other color accents to break it up, you could pull it off! Good luck! Way to be bold!

Angelique said...

I really like the color....some thick white molding or chair rail would be pretty! Maybe even the beadboard along the bottom half with the chair rail. LOL. OK TMI.

Regan and Annie Duckworth said...

I really like the color but agree that some other color accents could be used to break it up. Maybe I'm weird but I like that color with red.

Megan D. said...

Jill,
I like it...Its fun and bold. I agree with Annie...red would look fun down there. Also, if you tied in some cute patterned pillows with different fun colors on your couch. I would do it. :)

Spencer S. said...

I think that as long as your furniture doesn't match...you're good to go. How is that for a guys opinion?
PS It was good to see you guys yesterday. Remember...don't hesitate to invite us to parties :)

Whitney said...

We have the same kind of color in Luke's room. We broke it up by doing beadboard and a chair rail. But, I think that would look a little too "nursery" for a basement. But I like it!

Kourtney said...

I think that the color looks great and with accent pieces I think it will look great becasue it pretty much already looks cool.