Monday, October 27, 2008

Cornbelly's and Pumpkins

I am taking a break from posting about our trip to post some recent events. This past Saturday we went down to Thanksgiving Point for the Cornbelly's Pumpkin Festival with our friends the Calls. This has been a tradition for our family for the past three years. If you have never been, I highly suggest it! They have so many activities, especially for little ones. A $10 pass (2 and under are free) includes: the corn maze, hay rides, cow train, a huge jumping pillow, pedal bikes, slides, and we even watched some pigs race! They also have yummy food and treats! For the most part we had a great time. Near the end, Wesley threw one of his famous 2 yr old tantrums and we decided to leave a little earlier than we had planned. Overall we had a great time and we will most likely go again next year! For FHE last night we decided to have a pumpkin theme for Halloween. We picked up a Jack-o-lantern Pizza from Papa Murphy's for dinner. Wesley thought it was so cool to eat a pumpkin pizza. After dinner we decided to carve our pumpkins we picked out at Thanksgiving Point. I thought Wes would love digging out the slimy pumpkin seeds, but he wouldn't go near them. He was more obsessed with the knife I was using. We finally got him entertained with poking holes in his pumpkin. Beckett didn't get to join in the fun. He had a bottle and then went to bed. Rob and I every year love to pick out difficult pumpkin designs to carve. And every year we are always kicking ourselves for doing it. It takes us forever to carve them and our hands cramp up and hurt for days. But it is so worth it! Our pumpkins always turn out so cool! I was sad that Wesley was in bed by the time we finished. We will just have to show him tonight.

Yummy Pizza!Don't mind my scary face!Beckett missing out on all the fun :(Be very afraid!
My wicked witchRob's Spider Web

4 comments:

Nikki said...

those are awesome carvings!`

Kyle and Jamie said...

Those are sweet pumpkins...the pizza looks good too!! Rob...a little scary!!

Leanna said...

My parents have that same cow train (missing heads and all). I love your pumpkins... much better than our FHE creations.

Megan D. said...

I want a pumpkin pizza...that looks way good. I like the pumpkins too...are they patterns or are you just awesome like that? even if they are patterns...you would be way awesome. :)