Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wesleyisms


Wesley is one funny kid! He has the silliest sense of humor and keeps Rob and I laughing hysterically every day! Recently, Wesley has said some pretty funny things that I wanted to write down before I forget them. Here are some of them:

One day while changing his bum...

Me: "Wesley, this is really gross! You really need to start using the potty."
Wesley: "It's not gross Mom, it's just pizza on my bum!"
And every day since then he tells me he has more pizza on his bum. I will never look at pizza the same way!

A couple of days later I was wiping his nose and a big booger came out...

Wesley: "Eeeeewwww! Mac and Cheese!"
Me: "What?"
Wesley: "No, it's not Mac and Cheese, it's just boogers!"

One day we were running late to the gym. The boys were already in the car and I ran inside to grab something. I came back out and Wesley was fake laughing a really goofy laugh...

Me: "Wes, you're so crazy!"
Wes: "I'm not crazy Mom...I'm funny!"

And probably the funniest conversation yet...probably because it's true.

On Sunday I had to be to church early to meet with the Bishop. Rob decided we would all just try and make it there early so we wouldn't have two cars at church. We were running late as usual and I was really stressed out. On our way to church, Wesley really wanted his backpack open but couldn't unzip it himself. He started whining and said:

Wesley: "Open my backpack! I can't do it!"
Me: "Wesley, please stop freaking out! We will open your backpack when we get to church. You really need to stop freaking out over little things. Be patient and we will open it at church."

Wes went really quiet and as we pulled up to church he said: "You're freaking out Mom!"

Rob and BOTH boys started laughing. It was really hard not to crack a smile because Wesley was right. I was and usually am always freaking out! Wesley is such a smarty pants and teaches me new things every single day! I sometimes forget he is only 2 1/2 because he says some pretty ingenious things. Although he keeps me on my toes all the time...I certainly do love him! My life would be pretty dull without him!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Yeah I think the last one is my favorite! I liked when the book fell out of my hand and he said ahh i'm so frustrated!

Megan D. said...

LOL. Oh my heck! I love that last one. That is hilarious. You are freaking out Mom. :) I wonder why he has so many food associations with bodily functions? Ha, ha.

Charley said...

Oh that is hilarious! I love it!!! I know it will be any day now that Gage starts saying stuff like that to me...His favorite phrase right now is, "Stop it" apparently I say that too much?!?!? Gotta love 'em!

dede said...

he is so cute! I love it when my kids give me a reality check (sometimes)!