Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chicago: Last Day {Finally!}

Finally, our last day in Chicago! I am a little surprised that it didn't take me until Christmas to blog about our trip. Now maybe I can get caught up with the rest of summer before summer actually ends. Not that anyone even reads this anymore, but I count it as part of my journal.

Our last day in Chicago was kind of sad. I was dreading that day the whole trip and was sad to see it come. We spent the morning packing and then met Jasna for lunch. We went to a little restaurant across the street from my parents apartment.

Yay! A picture of Jasna, my Mom, and Wesley

Rob and Beckett
{The white building behind him is my parent's apt building}

Don't ask me why my son is poking himself in the eye with a knife and why we were allowing it!

I wish I would have taken a picture of our burgers. They were 12 0z of delicious beef on a scrumptious pretzel bun! The boys also got these yummy grilled cheese sandwiches served on a bread that had a donut consistency. They were the most delicious things I've ever eaten!

After we finished eating and said our goodbyes to Jasna, we headed off to the Museum of Science and Industry. Since we only had my parent's car to transport us and we didn't all fit, we had to split up and have half of us ride the subway. We decided that Rob, my mom, and myself should take the subway. The station we had to get off at was in kind of a scary neighborhood. I noticed as we got further away from the city we were the only white people on the train. It was the same case when we got off the train. We waited at a Wendy's for my Dad to come carpool us to the museum, and I was a little nervous to say the least!

The museum was AMAZING! Almost anyone I talked to that had been to Chicago suggested that we make it part of our trip. Lucky for us it was a free admission day!

This giraffe greeted us. It was part of the BodyWorlds exhibit.

The museum was HUGE with a lot of different areas. We decided to hit the little tot section first.



This was a floor piano without any keys. When you would step on the different colored lights, it would play the different notes.



Shadow Garden

We could have played at the shadow garden for hours! It was so cool to have the little pebbles fall around you and gather in any little nook.
I should have taken a video to demonstrate how cool it really was.


They had a U-505 Submarine Exhibit

Farming Exhibit

Transportation Exhibit
{That is a life size commercial airplane hanging from the ceiling!}

Steam Engine


Science Storms Exhibit
Funnel Cloud

Rainbows

Another cool Shadow Screen

After spending a few hours at the museum, we had to head to the airport. Once again we had to split up. Rob, my Dad, and the boys went in the car, while my mom and I rode the train. Once we got all of our luggage inside the airport, we said quick goodbyes and my Mom and Dad were off. Wesley cried the entire 20 minutes we stood in line to check our luggage. It was really heartbreaking! He did not want to go home! He had so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa he didn't want to leave them. When checking in we discovered our plane was delayed AGAIN! I was majorly bummed because we could have spent an extra hour and a half with my parents. Oh well! I definitely wasn't ready to come home and could have spent another few weeks there. Now that I look back on the trip, I wish we would have had more down time to just hang out with my parents. Since we had never been to the windy city before, we spent almost every minute sight seeing. Looking back on these pictures really makes me miss my parents! Luckily they will be home in 3 short months!

Thanks again for the unforgettable vacation Mom and Dad! We had an amazing time!

No comments: