Saturday, July 30, 2011

July

Here's what we were up to in July...

Every year we attend the South Salt Lake Firework Show. They always host it the day before the fourth, but since the fourth was on a Monday they had their fireworks on the second. We went with our friends and as always it was a great show! This was our first year reintroducing Wesley to fireworks. He has been terrified for the past couple of years and we were happy to discover he LOVES them now!
Waiting for the show to start

Beckett was all smiles at first...

but then wasn't too sure of the loud booms!

Gotta love fourth and fireworks!



On the actual fourth, I ran a 10k that morning with my friend Cozette. It was a crazy hot morning and it definitely wasn't my best race, although I did finish 3rd in my age group. Later that day we headed over to Rob's parents for a BBQ and fireworks. We had ourselves a grand ole time!

Scooter rides with Dad
Beckett waiting for his turn with Mommy


Rob and Wesley running from an explosive...or maybe just a little firework. HA HA!

Snaps with the cousins


In the middle of the month we caught a concert at Red Butte Gardens with Hobby

Bobby, Heather, and the boys

Too cute for words!
Rob, Me, and the Beckett man!

For the 24th of July, we took the boys camping up Big Cottonwood Canyon. It was our first "real" time camping with them and we had a blast! We are definitely rookie campers and it definitely would have been more fun with more people, but we had some good quality family time!

Enjoying the fire

Wesley got a hold of the camera

Hiking around Silver Lake
What a gorgeous view!

Throwing rocks and playing in the dirt



At the end of July we took our friends {the Daines} up to Bear Lake. It wasn't the warmest weekend, but we still made a fun weekend out of it.

Hanging at the beach

Fish Out of Water

Adorable Twins!


Playing at the park



1 comment:

Holly said...

Jill! I LOVED seeing your pictures and reading about your summer! I started blogging in August, and really wonder too if anybody reads my blog! But I have you on my dashboard, so anytime I actually get on here to blog, I check to see if you've posted anything new. :) Thanks for updating, and keep those posts coming. It's an awesome way to keep a journal.
So, you're still doing the South Salt Lake firework show? I remember when we went with you to that a few years ago when Wesley was really small....what a fun tradition.