Tuesday, February 17, 2009

XOXO

We had such a great "Lovey Dovey" day on Saturday. I do think that Valentine's is a little overrated, but we had fun celebrating anyway. Valentine's is a hard night to get a babysitter, so this year we decided to celebrate in the morning. We first went and did a session at the temple. It was a great way to start the day! Then we were off to lunch at one of our favorite places...Pei Wei. After lunch we went and browsed through Sports Authority. I really need some new workout/running clothes and I also wanted to look for a little belt that holds a water bottle. Rob didn't complain, he was able to check out the golf stuff. We left empty handed and decided to go pick up the boys.
After putting the boys down for a nap, we got my nephew and niece to come over and hang out while I dragged Rob to the Oval to run with me. Rob is so sweet to come along for the ride. He hasn't been training or even running for that matter, but he knows I need the moral support and comes anyway. I almost killed him on Saturday. The goal was 5 miles and after 2 his bad knee really started hurting him. He didn't even start complaining until mile 4! While I started complaining after the first mile. We hit about 4 1/2 and I told him he should stop. I could make the last two laps by myself. I didn't want him to really injure himself. What a sweetheart!
For dinner we decided to pick up a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's and went home and watched Horton Hears a Who with the boys. Around 8pm we heard a knock at the door and when we opened the door, we were bombarded with Valentine's treats! My parents are the greatest and always deliver an insanely amount of cookies, candy, and other fun goodies the night of Valentines! The kids get a kick out of it, and we all gain 10 lbs from eating my Mom's delicious cookies. Overall it was a great day! Rob was the greatest and gave me a gift certificate for an hour massage and manicure, which I desperately need! I was a jerk and only gave him a 5 lb bag of Peanut M&Ms. In my defense, I thought we really weren't giving each other anything because of our financial circumstance. I guess I was wrong!
Beckett absolutely LOVES playing with balloons. I couldn't resist taking pictures of the cute little faces he pulls.
Wesley wanted to be like his little brother. He wanted the same attention. Our pathetic heart shaped pizza!The loot we scored! Yummy cookies!!!And don't worry...we didn't just get one of these boxes...we got four!!! Thank goodness I started running, I'll have to run 50 miles to burn off these bad boys!

7 comments:

Charley said...

Happy Valentine's Day! What a fun day you guys had! I love the pictures of Beckett's little face with the balloon! We have some like that of Carter from his birthday party last weekend!

dede said...

fun day (minus the running)! The boys look so cute in their shirts - love the balloon pictures!!

Annie Duckworth said...

Mmmm...I want some of your mom's caramel brownies. I always looked forward to the dances that those were served.:)

brookiebaby said...

such cute boys! I'm glad that you two got some "mommy & daddy" time! Sounds like it was well deserved! Miss ya!

Nikki said...

OH my gosh I looked at those cookies and just remembered how wonderful they are!!! Beckett is getting chunkier! he is so cute

J and T said...

The boys are getting so big! It has been way too long since I last saw them and you. Jeff and I have been thinking we need to have a family home evening night again to get everyone together. We miss you guys. Glad you had a fun Valentine's.

Tara

Jodi said...

Cute picture of the boys.. and those cookies. They look so good.
Glad that you had a great day. My husband had to work all day.