Monday, September 15, 2008

The Fair and Happy 26th!

We went to the State Fair on Saturday with our friends the Calls. Wesley and his friend Jackson absolutely loved riding the ponies, seeing all the animals, and riding some of the rides. One of my favorite things to do at the fair is people watch. The fair attracts all types of people, and it can make for a good laugh. What a fun night!
Car ride to the Fair
Wesley riding Rocky the pony * I took more pictures at the fair, but they are on my phone and I can't get them to upload. Hopefully I can post them later!
'
Yesterday was Rob's 26th birthday. I personally don't love when my birthdays are on Sundays, but I think Rob had a great day. I made him his favorite breakfast, a bacon and tomato sandwich. He celebrated his birthday in Primary with a game of Family Feud, and brought candy for all the kids (Rob is the Primary Chorister in our ward). After church, Rob's family joined us for dinner. I made yummy chicken tacos and homemade salsa. Then my family joined the party for dessert. We had orange cake, banana cream pie, and chocolate mousse pie. Let's just say I'm not sure if I'll be able to button up my pants today!


I want to wish my hubby a happy belated birthday. He is such a wonderful man and I want him to know how much I appreciate him! He is so patient with me and all my imperfections. He is my better half. He definitely helps me stay sane. I love him more today than I ever have! Me and my boys are so blessed to have him in our lives. We love you Rob!

3 comments:

Charley said...

Happy Birthday Rob! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! And, I just LOVE that outfit Wes is wearing in that last picture! So cute! Did you get it from The Children's Place? I have been looking for something like that for my boys for family pictures!!! Any suggestions???

Maren Nielsen said...

Happy Birthday Old Man!
It looks like you planned a fun party Jill.

I have to hear all about the fair. We thought about going....but I was just to pooped after working the Farmers Market. Did you try the fried PB and J?

Maren

Kourtney said...

Happy birthday Rob sorry it is late. We hope you had a great day. I bet you are the best Primary teacher. Hope to see you guys soon.