Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Leave this fat girl alone!

In the past 2-3 weeks, I have been confronted 3 times by the SAME personal trainer at the gym. He tries to sign me up for their free consultation. You'd think after the first or second time he would get the hint that I'm not interested. Maybe it's because I have so many different looks (no make-up, some make-up, hair done, hair not done) that he doesn't recognized me. The first time he approached me I was on the treadmill fully engulfed in Breaking Dawn. He came right in front of my machine and said "Don't I know you from somewhere?" Are you SERIOUS? He's using a pick up line to try and sell me on a personal trainer? I couldn't believe it! Now...don't get me wrong. I have nothing against personal trainers. I actually had my own personal nutritionist/trainer for six months last year. And I got great results. I lost almost 60 lbs. It's just that I don't feel like spending all that money, especially when I have lost 8 lbs in the past month on my own. I really think I could probably lose the rest of my baby fat faster with a personal trainer, but I really don't feel like dropping $500+. Another thing that bothers me is that I don't see any other trainers (including my special buddy) approaching anybody else. Am I the ONLY person in the whole entire gym that looks like they could use a personal trainer? I think not. I'm over weight, but I'm not THAT overweight. This guy is really getting on my nerves. I'm honestly contemplating making a shirt and wearing it to the gym that states "THIS FAT GIRL IS NOT...I REPEAT...NOT INTERESTED IN A PERSONAL TRAINER! I'm starting to feel a little harassed.

3 comments:

Megan D. said...

Oh my heck. What a dork! You would think he would get the hint. I say you make the T-shirt.
Good luck with that.

Tara Mogle said...

Hey Jill, I added you to my friend list, hope you don't mind. Anyway about the personal trainer...how annoying! I would totally make the shirt! You're so funny.

brookiebaby said...

EWW! That bugs me! I would say something to the supervisor if it happens again. I also like the shirt idea! :) But seriously, you are already most likely already forking over a ton of money for your gym membership itself, why can't they leave you alone!! :)