Sunday, November 23, 2008

"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth..."

Or, maybe just one of them. My poor accident prone little Wesley had yet another accident. Luckily I wasn't there when it happened. I think I would have really lost it. Yesterday my Mom, my sister, and I left the men at my parents watching Utah bury BYU into the ground, while we went out to dinner. Periodically during the night I would text Rob and ask what the score was. I would get answers like Utah 27, BYU 17, Wesley -1. I would then tell my Mom and Jenny and we would laugh wondering what -1 meant. I was thinking that maybe he was just being naughty. A hour or so later I asked again. I can't remember what the score was then, but Wes was still -1. I thought, well at least Wesley isn't getting any worst. Well, we walked into the house and Wesley jumped down from the couch to come say hi. I was carrying Beckett and a thing of shakes, so I walked right past Wes to put them on the table. My Mom was the first to notice. She yelled "He's missing his tooth!" What?!?! I asked. And everyone yelled, "He's missing his front tooth!" I couldn't believe it! I walked over to examine Wesley's teeth as Rob came down from the kitchen with my little two year old's tooth. Huge root and all! I'm actually surprised at how well I handled it. I could have freaked out, but I didn't. I think my Mom took it harder than all of us. She was quite distraught.

All I wanted to hear is how it happened. They said Wesley was pretending to play football. He would crouch down and say "HIKE!" and start running as fast as he could and one time he tripped on his own feet and his face slammed right into the corner of the wall. It didn't surprise me at all. He trips, falls, and hits his head CONSTANTLY! The text messages with -1 finally made sense. I asked why they didn't call and tell me, and Rob said he didn't want to ruin our dinner. They said Wesley handled it very well. When we put him to bed, his mouth was still bleeding a little bit. We did call a dentist and are waiting to hear back when he needs to be looked at. I know there is nothing they can do, but I just want to make sure everything looks ok and that he didn't damage any of his other teeth. For me, this sort of thing is sort of common. My niece Kendra fell and knocked her front tooth out around 18 months. And a little boy in our neighborhood had the same thing happen when he was three. It's sad. I will miss his cute little smile. He is now stuck with a little Hill Billy smile until his adult tooth grows in in 4 or 5 years. I'm sure we'll get used to it. I still think he's pretty cute! Don't you?


8 comments:

Tara Mogle said...

oh my gosh I think that is the saddest thing ever. He is still so darn cute though...hill billy smile and all. He is adorable!

Nikki said...

Haha he looks so so cute!!!

Andee said...

Wow, I can't believe he wasn't hysterical. That would be traumatic! Mostly for me. At least there's not big dental bills! :)

dede said...

He looks adorable!! Just look at it as one less tooth to brush! I have a pretty cool picture of my Wesley running into the corner of the wall too (he didn't loose his tooth, but still has a scar on his lip from it!)!

Danielle&Lincoln said...

That is so freakin' funny and sad at the same time. I am so sorry that happened to you. And you are right he still look so cute.

Megan D. said...

Oh my goodness. That is one of my worst fears. Getting my teeth knocked out. He looks good though. He'll be able to pull it off for sure. :)

Saralin said...

I think it gives him a very cute rugged look. I hope your tooth fairy is better than ours.

brookiebaby said...

oh poor little guy, but you're right, he does look cute! If anyone can pull off the look, it's cute little Wesley!! :) My sister about had that happen too. The dentist was concerned that it had damaged the root, so that her perm teeth wouldn't grow in...