Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tis the Season...

Tis the season to give thanks and get ready for the hussle and bussle that the holidays bring. I truly love Thanksgiving. It is probably one of my favorite holidays. I think it is important to reflect on how blessed we all are and show gratitude for what we've been given. Every year my Mom makes us share what we are thankful for as we sit around the table eating a delicious turkey dinner. This year we had a small crowd, but I kind of liked it that way. It wasn't too chaotic and there wasn't any family drama. I was sad that my brother and his family weren't there, but they were spending time with his wife's family this year. All week long I've been thinking about the many blessings in my life. Here are just a few:
1. FAMILY- I am so grateful for our little family and our extended families. I feel so blessed and honored to be the mother of two beautiful boys! There are many days that I feel very inadequate to be their mother, but I am grateful for their smiles, giggles, kisses, and unconditional love they give me every day. They also teach me new things every single day, and I am grateful for that. I feel very blessed to have two families that love and support us no matter what. Both of our parents have been great examples to us, and I love them all dearly! Rob and I were talking just last night about life and one thing that was brought up, was that the only thing in this world that is certain and constant are families. How lucky are we to have two great ones?
2. THE GOSPEL - I don't know where I would be without the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I am grateful that I have a testimony of my Savior and the sacrifice he made for each one of us. I am grateful for the happiness that comes from living the gospel and keeping the commandments. I know that all of my blessings come from my Father in Heaven, and I am grateful to Him.
3. TEMPLE BLESSINGS - This one goes a long with number 2, but it is something our family is very grateful for this year. I feel very blessed for the opportunity to live twenty minutes from two temples and soon to be four temples. Rob and I are very grateful for the blessings we receive for attending the temple and also for the covenants that we have made there. We have recently made a goal to go to the temple twice a month. As long as we keep our priorities straight, I know we can do it.
4. ROBERT - I am very grateful to be married to a wonderful husband. I am blessed to have such a wonderful man to help me raise our boys. Rob is such a wonderful husband and father. I love to watch him with the boys. I am so grateful for all the hard work Rob does on a daily basis so that I can stay home and be with our boys. I am also very grateful for Rob's job. In this horrible economy, I feel very blessed that Rob works for such a great company and that we have money to put food on the table.
These are just a few of the many things I am grateful for this year. We had a great Thanksgiving holiday this year. I am looking forward to celebrating the holidays this year. I truly hope that I don't get too wrapped up in the things that aren't important, and focus on the real reason we celebrate Christmas. Happy Holidays!
This is us on Thanksgiving
Wes playing in the backyardBeckett = too cute for words!

2 comments:

Maren Nielsen said...

Thank you for sharing you thoughts. We love you guys and we are thankful for your friendship.

The gospel is wonderful isnt it? It brings so much happiness into a family and it helps make it all work.

Next time you go to the temple, give us a call. We need a little encouragement.

Maren

Charley said...

I love everything you said! You couldn't have said it better! What a great family you have!